- DESIRES: I want people to understand their unique strengths, values, and mission and assist them in finding innovative ways to achieve goals and career dreams, while finding life balance, joy, and fulfillment.
- STRENGTHS: I use creativity, innovation, visioning, positive affirmations, and collaborative partnerships to clarify directions and create pathways to make dreams a reality. I draw on teachings from positive psychology, appreciative enquiry, and personal counselling to facilitate change.
- PERSONAL QUALITIES: I am divergent thinker who can facilitate unique solutions to old problems, while simultaneously being practical so that concrete plans can be developed and undertaken. I am genuine, authentic, enthusiastic, and caring, but also use gentle confrontation and education in facilitating change.
- ASSETS: I bring with me a Masters in Psychology, 30 years career counselling, and experience juggling full-time work, parenting, eldercare, with the pursuit of post-secondary education and training. I have knowledge and experience assisting students with learning disabilities, ADHD, and Aspergers succeed. I have developed an extensive network of contacts while directing a mentorship program.
- OTHER PEOPLE: I enjoy my interactions with my three young adult children as they go through their journey of trying to juggle post-secondary studies, independent living, personal finances, career planning, friendships, leisure, and part-time work pursuits.
- POSSIBILITIES I’M CURIOUS ABOUT are: Pursuing a PhD in Education to explore policy related to equity in post-secondary education, developing my coaching skills, creating a philanthropically based retreat where people can take a break from their daily lives to reflect, recharge, and re-enter the world more able to engage in inspired action
“Fantastic. Very professional and excellent to work with. It was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. It was really a pleasure to work with Jayne. It got me through a tough time and gave me great new skills moving forward.” -Diane Rutherford (Jayne’s client)
“It has been a pleasure working under your guidance at defining my career goals. I’m glad to let you know that I got the position that I wanted and I’m very happy with my new role. I saved my Career Statement on my computer and also on my mobile devices to have access to it each time I want to reflect at my progress or give consideration to new opportunities. It is very helpful! I’ve noticed also some other secondary outcomes after the completion of our sessions. I became more assertive, confident and accepting. Thank you for sharing with me so much from your knowledge and experience.” -Dr. Mihaela Nicula
“I only have positive things to report. From my initial contact with Jennifer who was always very personable, and then working with you, Jayne, the counselling process was smooth and extremely helpful. I got so much out of CareerCycles — I did the required work, and tried to be as honest as possible with myself. Thanks again, Jayne. You inspired me to dream, and I promise to continue dreaming, writing my plans on paper, and being receptive to wherever my creativity leads me. -Marion Scott